Hiking Trails at Crystal Mountain
Hit the trails at Crystal Mountain for a relaxing or invigorating hiking experience. Enjoy miles of amazing on-site hiking trails, including a 1.6 mile loop through the acclaimed Michigan Legacy Art Park. Explore on your own or sign-up for one of our guided Mountain Hikes at the Peak Fitness Center.
Crystal Mountain Biking & Hiking Trail Map
Visit our Peak Fitness Center for hiking maps and to rent trekking poles.
Trekking Poles - Rental Rates
1 hour - $5
2 hours - $8
8 Hours - $15
Nearby Northern Michigan Hiking Trails
Our corner of northwest lower Michigan is a hiker's paradise. From secluded wooded pathways to dazzling lakeshore vistas, hikers of all ages will find trails worth exploring again and again.
Our on-property trail system connects to the 10-mile Betsie River Pathway in the Pere Marquette State Forest. Also, the beautiful 22-mile Betsie Valley Trail is easily accessible, stretching from the nearby village of Thompsonville to the city of Frankfort on Lake Michigan. Also, many of the hiking trails in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore are within a 30 minute drive from Crystal Mountain.
Some of our favorite, off-property hiking trails are located just a short drive from Crystal Mountain and are protected, owned and managed by the Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy. Here is a list of nearby GTRLC trails:
• Misty Acres: The Borwell Preserve - Distance from Crystal: 4 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Arcadia Dunes: Pete's Woods Trail - Distance from Crystal: 9 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Arcadia Dunes: Dryhill Trails - Distance from Crystal: 12.5 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Arcadia Dunes: Baldy Trails - Distance from Crystal: 13 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Upper Herring Lake Nature Preserve - Distance from Crystal: 15 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Green Point Dunes Nature Preserve - Distance from Crystal: 16 miles. Map to Trailhead »
Call 888.968.7686, ext. 7300 with questions about hiking at Crystal Mountain.