IMBA Level 1 Certification
April 29 - May 1, 2016
Participate in hands-on training and testing for leading groups or mountain bike guiding with an intro to instruction.
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
• Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
• Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride skills assessment
• Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
• Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
• Observe and correct a rider's fundamental skills (Neutral & Ready Position, Bike Body Separation, Pedal Position, Eye Movement, Braking, Steering, Speed, Gearing & Cadence, Timing & Coordination, Pressure Control)
• Assist ICP Instructors and Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
• Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
• 18 years of age or older
• Three or more years of mountain biking experience
• Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
• Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shifting adjustments)
Sign up by April 15, 2016!
Cost: $481 for IMBA members; $535 for non-IMBA members
A manual is included in the course fee.
• Friday's session is a classroom setting from 5-8pm.
• Saturday and Sunday are 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
Instructor Certification Program participants receive discounted lodging through Crystal Mountain! Call 800.968.7686 and mention the group code 45Y314 when making your reservation.
Share this event:
All Events »