National Safety Awareness Month
January 1-31, 2016
The month of January will be dedicated to an entire month of safety at Crystal Mountain. Many resorts across the country participate each year to educate skiers and snowboarders about being safe, and to use common sense on the slopes.
Starting January 17 through January 24, 2016, kids are encouraged to create a poster to highlight one of the seven snowsports responsible codes! Participants may pick up poster paper at the Mountain Adventure Zone, Snowsports Desk or Park at Waters Edge starting January 17. Completed posters may be turned into the Snowsports Desk to receive a Crystal Crispy voucher!
Do you know the code?
Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code
• Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
• People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
• You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
• Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
• Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
• Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
• Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Share this event:
All Events »