What's New This Winter at Crystal Mountain
THOMPSONVILLE, MICH – With the 2012/2013 ski season just around the corner, Crystal Mountain is ready to make this season better than ever.
• This year, Crystal will be able to make more snow more efficiently so you can get out on the mountain as soon as possible. A new, higher-capacity water line will make it possible to make more snow on more of the mountain at the same time and combined with more snow guns along the Crystal Clipper and North Face lifts, Crystal Mountain is poised for a great ski season.
• Need to replace those old goggles? Mountain Sports To Go is a new retail outlet adjacent to the rental and lift ticket area full of the best of what’s new on the hill.
Two new ways to hit the hill and save:
• Introducing the new Ski-More Card. For one low price, get an all day lift ticket plus the cardholder will receive discounts on future lift tickets for the 2012/2013 ski season. (The Ski-More Card is available only until December 8, 2012!)
• Crystal’s new Triple Play Card is pre-packed with three lift tickets. It’s the perfect gift for the skier or rider on your list. Get three all day lift tickets for one low price. Some restrictions apply.
• Crystal Mountain’s NEW XC Training Center - Located away from Crystal Mountain’s core area the XC Training Center is a mini trail system with flat and up/downhill sections that are exclusively designed for learning and improving skate and classical techniques. An indoor training studio is available on site where the Nordic Staff can video your existing technique and look for ways to increase your glide on the flats, improve efficiency on climbs, and get more control going downhill.
• Staying at Crystal Mountain over the holidays? Receive a free night of lodging when you stay during select holiday dates!
• Wintergreen updates: more than half of Crystal Mountain’s Wintergreen condominium units have new kitchens and many have new baths as well.
• For off-slope fun, Crystal Mountain offers dogsled rides, snow bike rentals (with northern Michigan’s only dedicated snow bike trail system), winter paintball, scavenger hunts, and more.
• Crystal Spa is offering skiers an oasis of relaxation with a Snowsports Massage. Designed to ease tension and increase flexibility, this therapeutic massage is tailored to your specific needs. Muscle recovery through guided stretching, hot towels and deep tissue techniques will help you recover from a day of adventure on the slopes. It’s just one of many treatment options at Crystal Spa, recently named Green Spa Network’s Sustainable Resort Spa of the Year.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort with one of Golf Magazine’s Top 25 Golf Schools in America, Spa Magazine’s Best Midwest Spas three years running, named among the inaugural Detroit Free Press 16 Green Leaders in Michigan and recognized as one of Condé Nast Travelers 50 Best Places to Ski and Stay in North America (2011) . Located in northwest lower-Michigan, a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, the resort features downhill and cross-country skiing, Michigan Legacy Art Park, golf, alpine slide, water playground, lodging, dining, countless year-round outdoor activities and kids programs, an IACC-approved conference center, weddings, real estate and Crystal Spa.