Tips for a Successful Michigan Beer and Brat Festival
The Michigan Beer and Brat Festival is a Memorial Day Weekend tradition at Crystal Mountain, where we gather with 3,000 of our closest friends and family to kick start the summer. You’ll enjoy an enormous selection of Michigan microbrews, local hard cider and mead, plus the finest gourmet brats from northwest Michigan markets. Make the most of your festival visit with the following tips and tricks to make your trip truly spectacular:
1. PLAN AHEAD AND BE RESPONSIBLE! We want everyone to have a safe and fun time at the Michigan Beer and Brat Festival, so we’ve partnered with Benzie Bus to provide FREE rides for locals to attend the festival from off-site. Pre-schedule your free ride at least one day in advance by calling 231-325-3000.
2. PURCHASE VIP ADMISSION FOR EARLY ACCESS TO THE FESTIVAL. You’ll enjoy specialty reserve brews and an extra hour of music from the TC Knuckleheads! Plus, if you get there early you’ll have first dibs on a table. Purchase VIP Admission »
3. BUY YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE ONLINE AND SAVE! General Admission wristbands are $30 online now through Friday, May 24 but day-of prices are $35 each. PLUS if you purchase your admission by Friday, May 17, you’ll be automatically entered to win one of three prizes!
FIRST PRIZE: $300 Crystal Mountain Gift Card + General Admission for TWO people to next year's 15th Annual Michigan Beer & Brat Festival (May 23, 2020).
SECOND PRIZE: $150 Crystal Mountain Gift Card + General Admission forTWO people to next year's 15th Annual Michigan Beer & Brat Festival (May 23, 2020).
THIRD PRIZE: $50 Crystal Mountain Gift Card + General Admission for TWO people to next year's 15th Annual Michigan Beer & Brat Festival (May 23, 2020).
The winners will be announced during the 14th Annual Michigan Beer & Brat Festivalon May 25, 2019, at 5:30 p.m. before the The RockShow Band takes the stage!
*The name of the person who purchased the general admission or VIP ticket by May 17, 2019 (11:59 p.m.) will be entered into the drawing. Each general admission or VIP ticket equals one entry. Anyone who has already purchased admission to this year's Michigan Beer & Brat Festival on May 25, 2019, is entered into the drawing.
4. AVOID THE WILL CALL LINE. Pick up your wristbands now through Friday, May 24 at Crystal Mountain’s Front Desk, located in the Inn at the Mountain. Picking up wristbands before the event allows you to streamline your entry into the festival.
5. BRING A BLANKET OR LAWN CHAIRS. Create your own comfortable seating anywhere on the grass!
6. LEAVE YOUR COOLERS AND OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGES AT HOME. These items are not allowed in the festival, so save yourself a trip to the car.
7. BRING YOUR I.D. The one thing you can’t forget – your I.D. card! Make sure you bring your I.D. and have it ready for inspection upon entry into the festival.
8. FIND YOUR ENTRY POINT. Did you know there are two entrance points to Beer and Brat? You can enter near the Crystal Center, just outside of our Tickets and Rental building OR our second entrance, between the Lodge and Hamlet.
9. GRAB A MAP. Maps are available at the entrances of the festival, so you can find your favorite brewers and brats. It will show you where all of the vendors are located, plus includes a full list of what’s available to eat and drink!
10. TRY SOMETHING NEW! Half sized brats are a great way to do some taste testing, plus with over 100 microbrews, meads and ciders, there’s a flavor to fit every palette.
11. BE SOCIAL. Use our hashtag, #MIBeerNBrat on your social media pages. We'll be posting all day long - look for yourself in photos and videos!
If you’re ready for a hoppin’ party, join us for the 14th Annual Michigan Beer and Brat Festival on Saturday, May 25 from 4-8pm. We look forward to seeing you there!