Hit the trails at Crystal Mountain for a relaxing or invigorating hiking experience. Enjoy miles of amazing on-site hiking trails, including a 1.6 mile loop through the acclaimed Michigan Legacy Art Park.
Trekking Pole Rental Rates
Trekking Poles are available to rent at the Peak Fitness Center. Rentals are free for Four Seasons Club Members. For more information, please call 888-968-7686 ext. 7300.
1 hour - $5
2 hours - $8
8 Hours - $15
Nature Hike to Yurt
Every week you can learn fun nature facts with mountain guides, practice useful knot tying skills and enjoy a refreshing snack as you hike to our mountain yurt! Learn More »
Nearby Northern Michigan Hiking Trails
Our corner of northwest lower Michigan is a hiker's paradise. From secluded wooded pathways to dazzling lakeshore vistas, hikers of all ages will find trails worth exploring again and again.
Our on-property trail system connects to the 10-mile Betsie River Pathway in the Pere Marquette State Forest. Also, the beautiful 22-mile Betsie Valley Trail is easily accessible, stretching from the nearby village of Thompsonville to the city of Frankfort on Lake Michigan. Also, many of the hiking trails in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore are within a 30 minute drive from Crystal Mountain.
Some of our favorite, off-property hiking trails are located just a short drive from Crystal Mountain and are protected, owned and managed by the Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy . See our picks below:
• Misty Acres: The Borwell Preserve - Distance from Crystal: 4 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Arcadia Marsh Nature Preserve - Distance from Crystal: 14.7 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Arcadia Dunes: Pete's Woods Trail - Distance from Crystal: 9 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Arcadia Dunes: Dryhill Trails - Distance from Crystal: 12.5 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Arcadia Dunes: Baldy Trails - Distance from Crystal: 13 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Upper Herring Lake Nature Preserve - Distance from Crystal: 15 miles. Map to Trailhead »
• Green Point Dunes Nature Preserve - Distance from Crystal: 16 miles. Map to Trailhead »