ON THE MOUNTAIN
At Crystal Mountain, your safety is our top priority. Please view the information below to ensure your visit is a great and safe one!
Important Phone Numbers
Ski Patrol: 231-378-2215
Operator: 888-968-7686 ext. 0
KNOW THE CODE
Safety is everyone's responsibility. The Skier's Responsibility Code is a code of ethics for all skiers and snowboarders on the slopes.
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
The best way to avoid a collision is to follow the steps of the Skier Responsibility Code. It is also important to obey signs designating slow zones and intersecting areas. Also, minimize distractions (avoid headphones, loud music, texting and phone use) in order to maintain total awareness of your surroundings. It is recommended that all skiers and snowboarders share the slopes and always show respect for others.
Aerial Drone Policy
Out of safety concerns for our guests, employees, and resort property, Crystal Mountain Resort prohibits the operation of unmanned aerial systems, or aerial drones by the general public, including recreational users and hobbyists, without prior written authorization from the Resort. This prohibition includes drones for filming or videotaping, as well as any use by media or journalists operating above Crystal Mountain property. Please contact Joe Bolduc, Risk/Safety Manager (231) 378-2000 ext. 5702 if you have any questions or if you seek prior approval to operate any aerial drones. Any authorized operation of aerial drones will be governed by Federal Aviation Administration rules and regulations, as well as policies established by Crystal Mountain Resort, which may include certification, training, insurance coverage and indemnification.
National Ski Patrol
Are you interested in joining our Ski Patrol? We'd love to hear from you! Give us a call at 888-968-7686 ext. 5702.