Crystal Mountain launches Crystal Clean
May 14, 2020
THOMPSONVILLE, Mich. (May 14, 2020) – Crystal Mountain introduces Crystal Clean, a commitment to an enhanced standard of health and safety protocols designed to prepare the resort to safely welcome back employees and guests as the Michigan economy reopens. The resort plans to open the hotel on May 29.
Crystal Clean is the top priority for the resort for the health and safety of employees and guests, John Melcher, chief operating officer for Crystal Mountain, said.
“Crystal Clean was developed specifically to ensure enhanced safety, cleaning and disinfection measures for our employees and our guests. While Crystal Mountain has always employed demanding cleaning standards, this new initiative will instill greater confidence and trust throughout the entire resort experience,” Melcher said. “The resort’s enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions and workplace behavior protocols will continue to evolve to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations presented by COVID-19.”
Crystal Clean is managed by a task force of Crystal Mountain team members who have developed and implemented a series of best practices and guidelines compiled from other resorts, experts and industry associations from around the world.
The Crystal Clean guidelines are intended to be iterative, and will be revised as needed based on the recommendations of public health authorities, in compliance with federal, state and local laws. They include guidance on the following:
- Employee health, behavior and responsibilities
- Cleaning products and protocols
- Physical distancing
- Training and education of staff
Guests may not notice changes given Crystal Mountain has always maintained the highest standards for cleaning and safety. But with Crystal Clean, the resort aims to strengthen its commitment to provide a healthy environment so staff and guests feel safe, confident and comfortable while they are here.
Just some of the standards include:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection in hotel spaces, including guest rooms, communal areas, meeting and event spaces and staff work areas. Staff are also being trained in use of advanced disinfection techniques, including use of electrostatic sprayers in rooms, and enhanced sanitization protocols on equipment including golf carts and other high-touch items.
- Rooms will be taken out of service between guests to ensure proper sanitization.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers have been added throughout the property.
- Temperature checks with infrared thermometers will be performed on employees before every shift. Staff with fevers, or who are feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home.
- Staff and guests must wear masks when in shared, public, indoor spaces.
- Queuing at counters, including front desk check-in and retail operations to ensure social distancing of at least six feet, has been established.
- Plastic, separation barriers have been added at registers.
- Capacity in restaurants and seating areas will be reduced to ensure social distancing once they open.
“While the ski and hotel industry was one of the first affected by the pandemic, we have collectively stepped up to serve our team, our guests and our community throughout,” Melcher added. “Our team is working tirelessly to prepare the resort safely.”
As the resort begins to open, the task force will monitor protocols to ensure they are meeting the standards, as well as altering as needed.
While the hotel is not open at this time, the Mountain Ridge and Betsie Valley golf courses are open, as is Mountain Market. Betsie River Pizza is open for takeout and curbside pickup.
For more information about Crystal Clean, including a list of frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.crystalmountain.com/crystal-clean/
# # #
About Crystal Mountain:
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan’s only alpine slide, the Park at Water’s Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center.
Crystal Mountain Media Contact:
Sammie Lukaskiewicz, Director of Public Relations
o: (231) 378-2057