Winter Operations UPDATE
Skiers and riders share many things: a love of the slopes, the feeling of freedom when cruising down runs and making memories with family and friends on a beautiful winter day. We are all part of an outdoor community, and that’s what makes Crystal Mountain special.
Winter operations will look a little different this year, but that’s OK. We’ll all be outside, enjoying snow and fresh air, and looking for that perfect run. We are excited to see you all soon, and we can’t wait to open the slopes!
The Crystal Mountain team has been working toward re-opening for this winter since we ended operations last March. Crystal Clean was developed as our commitment to safety and health, but has become part of our culture throughout the summer. We are strengthening that commitment to you now by continuing to plan for all contingencies and reimagining the Crystal Mountain experience for your safety, for your health and for your enjoyment.
But we need your help: We can’t be successful without you. You play an important role in everything we do.
Ski resorts across the country, including Crystal Mountain, have been working together to develop guidelines and policies for winter. We are also working with our local and state health departments on the best and latest information to keep our staff and our guests safe.
HERE ARE A FEW SAFETY MODIFICATIONS WE ARE MAKING:
• CDC-approved masks or face coverings will be required inside all our buildings at all times and in some areas outside where you will be unable to distance at least six feet from others. We expect some areas outdoors to be busy so you will need to wear a mask while queueing to load the chairlifts, while on the chairlifts and when you exit the lifts; in ticket lines; at ski racks; in food service areas, among other places across the resort. You must wear a mask in any area outside where people congregate and you re unable to socially distance from others. Face masks will also be required for Snowsports lessons.
• We are moving the indoors outside. Fresh, clean air is important, so we are adjusting our cafeteria and other operations to create new, outside seating areas and quick pick-up food service. We’re also bringing in food trucks and other food options for you and your family to enjoy.
• Picnic Park will not be available this winter because of capacity limits and safety restrictions. So please do not bring crock pots and coolers with you. The Crystal Center and outdoor tents and tables will be for cafeteria seating only.
• Employees will continue to be checked daily for wellness, and our cleaning and sanitizing efforts will be heightened.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
• Always plan ahead so you know what to expect.
• Wear your CDC-approved masks or face coverings. There will be places throughout the resort where you cannot socially or physically distance from others. We require a mask in those areas – even outside. And we require masks inside our buildings.
• Season Passholders, Four Seasons Club members with Ultimate and Premium Snowsports plans and guests who have pre-purchased lift tickets will have guaranteed access to the mountain. So please buy your passes in advance of your visit. Same-day lift tickets may not available due to capacity limits.
• We’re excited to introduce new RFID lift tickets for easier access to the chairlifts. Use our outside ticket windows or our new Pick-Up Boxes (PUBs) to retrieve your lift tickets.
• Please make your online rental and lessons purchases at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
• Arrive together, ride together and follow social distancing guidelines of at least six feet. If you traveled to Crystal Mountain in the same car, then ride the lifts together.
• Fill out all your waivers in advance. You can find ski and snowboard waivers for adults and youth here.
• Because we have limited capacity inside our buildings, please come prepared to ski. We will not have the inside space at Tickets and Rental like we’re used to, so your car will become your new locker room and your base camp.
• Stay home if you feel sick. We’ll be here for your next trip.
• Wash your hands frequently!
• Be flexible! If there’s one thing we’ve learned, things change quickly.
Even with everything we are doing for staff and guest safety, we also need our guests to do their part and always use good judgement, wear masks and to be socially distant whenever possible. We intend to use common sense and good practices to open safely and efficiently for winter, but like last winter, we are not afraid to pivot or make hard choices for the good of our community, if we need to.
So thank you for your support, compassion and understanding that staying vigilant now and in the months ahead, will help us all have a safe, fun and spectacular winter.
We are excited to see you!
We look forward to welcoming you on your visit. Our Crystal Clean policies and practices have been instituted to keep our staff, our guests and our community safe. Please note our health and safety policies may be revised at any time, and they will be updated on our website accordingly. We appreciate your help in keeping our staff and each other safe.
Resort amenities, experiences and other offerings may be modified or operate with limited capacity, and are subject to closure based on guidance from health experts and government officials. Our team is striving to provide the safest experience possible and ensure your time at Crystal Mountain remains exceptional.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Crystal Mountain, you voluntarily assume all risks related to such exposure. You must follow all posted instructions and directions from our associates while visiting the resort to help minimize the risk of spread of COVID-19.