FIRST TIMER'S GUIDE
tips for your visit
Enjoy this comprehensive guide for everything you need to know for your first time visiting Crystal Mountain.
Some of our activities require a waiver before you are able to participate. If you're looking to save time, we highly recommend filling out waivers online before your arrival. Waivers must be filled out using Google Chrome. Fill Out My Waivers »
Parking: There are plenty of spaces for guests to park their vehicles at Crystal Mountain. If you are staying overnight, our Front Desk staff will direct you to the best place to park your car during your stay. For guests just visiting for the day, we recommend parking in Lots J - M near the base of the Loki chairlift, or Lots A - B near the Buck chairlift.
Check-In: If you are staying at Crystal Mountain overnight, please check in at the Inn at the Mountain Lobby (pictured below).
At Crystal Mountain, your safety is our top priority. View some of our safety guidelines to ensure your visit is great and safe!
OUTer wear to PACK
By wearing the proper gear, you'll stay comfortable no matter the weather. We recommend:
- Dress in layers! This gives you more flexibility to add or remove layers as temperatures change. Start with a base layer of long underwear or footless tights. You'll want to avoid wearing cotton next to your skin, as it will absorb sweat and snow making you colder.
- High socks, typically wool or acrylic, to keep your feet dry and warm. Avoid wearing thick socks or multiple layers of socks. This helps prevent blisters!
- A warm collared shirt, turtleneck, sweater, fleece or vest is an ideal second layer for your torso.
- Water and wind resistant pants are best. Avoid jeans and sweatpants as they will get wet quickly. Make sure the pants you bring are wide enough at the bottom to fit over a large pair of boots.
- A water and wind resistant jacket or shell with a high collar.
- Eye protection, either sunglasses or goggles.
- A warm hat that covers your ears, or even better, a helmet. A helmet will keep your head warm and protect you. Crystal Mountain has them available to rent in Tickets and Rental if you don't own one.
- Waterproof gloves or mittens. Insider tip: Mittens are warmer!
- Sunscreen and lip balm, SPF 15 or higher.
If you need to purchase any of these items, our team members at Mountain Sports, located inside The Lodge, would be happy to assist.
Tickets and Rental: Located in the lower level of the Crystal Center, near the Loki chairlift. Check out our video below for helpful tips to make your first skiing or snowboarding trip at Crystal Mountain a success.
We encourage all new skiers and snowboarders to take a lesson. You'll learn all of the basic skills necessary to conquer the mountain and will learn in a safe, non-judgmental environment. We offer a variety of lessons for all ages and abilities, group lessons, and even private lessons.
We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes ahead of your booked lesson time.
Learn more about our Ski and Snowboard Lessons or call 888-968-7686 ext. 7500 to learn what program is right for you.